Echo Guided Life Support
STEP BY STEP ULTRASOUND FOR RESUSCITATION
Wondering what to do when a patient is trying to die on your watch?
A structured approach can definitely make the difference…and that’s what DEUS-EGLS is all about
DEUS partners with EGLS to exclusively provide this internationally renowned point-of-care acute ultrasound course in the Benelux. This course is designed so that participants can spend as much time as possible practicing the techniques demonstrated in the theoretical sections. The 1:4 instructor-to-participant ratio encourages interaction between participants and instructors, thus facilitating learning.
DATES & REGISTRATION
The course aims to introduce participants to the ultrasound approach of the hemodynamically unstable patient. This course is aimed at two audiences: medical providers who are knowledgeable about ultrasound and want to consolidate their knowledge, and novices who would like to be introduced to it.
- Categorize undifferentiated shock via an algorithmic approach;
- Identify pneumothorax and interstitial syndrome with lung ultrasound;
- Identify the signs of obstructive shock (tamponade, pulmonary embolism);
- Qualitatively assess left ventricular function;
- Assess the inferior vena cava;
- Assess volemia and fluid responsiveness potential.
- This course is accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for 24 Mainpro+ certified credits.
- Accreditation has been requested for Dutch physicians
- 08:00-08:15: Welcome
- 08:15-08:20: Introduction (theory)
- 08:20-09:00: Lung ultrasound (theory)
- 09:00-10:15: Lung (practical)
- 10:15-11:00: Subcostal/IVC & the State of the circulation (theory)
- 11:00-12:00: Subcostal and inferior vena cava view (practical)
- 12:00-12:45: Lunch is provided. Coffee and snacks will also be served.
- 12:45-13:30: Complementary cardiac views (theory)
- 13:30-15:00: Complementary cardiac views (practical)
- 15:00-16:00: Algorithmic approach to shock (EGLS)
- 16:00-17:45: EGLS (practical)
- 17:45-18:00: Conclusion (theory)
DATES & REGISTRATION