Echo Guided Life Support
Duur: 1 dag
STEP BY STEP ULTRASOUND FOR RESUSCITATION
Wondering what to do when a patient is trying to die on your watch?
A structured approach can definitely make the difference…and that’s what DEUS-EGLS is all about
DEUS partners with EGLS to exclusively provide this internationally renowned point-of-care acute ultrasound course in the Benelux. This course is designed so that participants can spend as much time as possible practicing the techniques demonstrated in the theoretical sections. The 1:4 instructor-to-participant ratio encourages interaction between participants and instructors, thus facilitating learning.The course aims to introduce participants to the ultrasound approach of the hemodynamically unstable patient. This course is aimed at two audiences: medical providers who are knowledgeable about ultrasound and want to consolidate their knowledge, and novices who would like to be introduced to it.
Deze cursus kent maximaal 6 accreditatiepunten
nog geen cursusdata bekend
Wil je op hoogte gehouden worden als de cursusdata bekend zijn? Neem dan contact met ons op.
Alle artsen, verpleegkundig specialisten en physician assistants geïnteresseerd in de basale spoedechografie bij de acuut zieke patiënt. Bijvoorbeeld SEH-artsen, intensivisten, anesthesisten, huisartsen, chirurgen en arts-assistenten (in opleiding).
The course aims to introduce participants to the ultrasound approach of the hemodynamically unstable patient. This course is aimed at two audiences: medical providers who are knowledgeable about ultrasound and want to consolidate their knowledge, and novices who would like to be introduced to it.
- 08:00-08:15: Welcome
- 08:15-08:20: Introduction (theory)
- 08:20-09:00: Lung ultrasound (theory)
- 09:00-10:15: Lung (practical)
- 10:15-11:00: Subcostal/IVC & the State of the circulation (theory)
- 11:00-12:00: Subcostal and inferior vena cava view (practical)
- 12:00-12:45: Lunch is provided. Coffee and snacks will also be served.
- 12:45-13:30: Complementary cardiac views (theory)
- 13:30-15:00: Complementary cardiac views (practical)
- 15:00-16:00: Algorithmic approach to shock (EGLS)
- 16:00-17:45: EGLS (practical)
- 17:45-18:00: Conclusion (theory)
- Categorize undifferentiated shock via an algorithmic approach;
- Identify pneumothorax and interstitial syndrome with lung ultrasound;
- Identify the signs of obstructive shock (tamponade, pulmonary embolism);
- Qualitatively assess left ventricular function;
- Assess the inferior vena cava;
- Assess volemia and fluid responsiveness potential.
This course is accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for 24 Mainpro+ certified credits.