DEUS code of conduct
Please find below the DEUS code of conduct for all faculty, delegates, sponsors, suppliers and volunteers.
DEUS decided to implement a code of conduct. This code is derived from the code of conduct for SMACC.
We believe this code explicitly also supports DEUS values.
As always with DEUS we are eager to hear your opinions as well.
We are committed to providing a fun and safe environment for all participants to enjoy our educational activities.
PARTICIPANT STATEMENT OF CONDUCT FOR DEUS EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
DEUS is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or other characteristics.
DEUS expects that all delegates, speakers, organizers, volunteers, contractors and suppliers (and any other person associated with the conference) will, at all times, act responsibly and:
- With honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability;
- Treat all equally, fairly and with respect, without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or other characteristics;
- Help to support the aims and objectives of DEUS and a safe and enjoyable learning environment;
- Help to foster an environment that values diversity and collaboration;
- Comply with the instructions provided by the organizers and facilitators;
- Comply with the laws of the countries in which the educational activity is held and operated, and with all policies and procedures of the DEUS;
- Refrain from actions that may constitute bullying, harassment, sexual harassment or sexual abuse; and
- Report to the organizers any concerns regarding the behavior of those associated with DEUS.
DEUS WILL NOT TOLERATE VIOLATIONS OF THESE PRINCIPLES, SUCH AS:
- Fraud, theft and misuse of physical assets, funds or stock;
- Sexual exploitation or abuse;
- Bullying or harassment; or
- Corruption, (including nepotism, conflicts of interest, bribery or abuse of position);
- Paying, offering or promising to pay or authorize the payment directly or indirectly, of anything of value to (i) any person/firm employed by or representing DEUS’s customers, or (ii) any government or public official, or any political party or candidate, for the purpose of inducing or rewarding any action to the benefit of DEUS.
These examples are not exhaustive. The organisers may take action in response to potential violations that could include issuing warnings, sanctions, or expulsion from the educational activity without a refund.
If you suspect that the behavior of a delegate, speaker, organizer, volunteer, contractor, supplier or other person associated with the educational activity has fallen short of this statement of conduct, or that a violation similar to the examples suggested has taken place, or may take place, you may contact the DEUS Course Director or when necessary make use of our complaint procedure.